Summer and Fall are over and so are your allergies, right? Not so fast. Many of those warm weather allergens like pet dander, dust mites, mold and mildew are around all year. The holidays are upon us, Old Man Winter is in sight, and the last thing you want is to be stuck with the sniffles and sneezing like crazy, right?
Here are a few ways to keep allergies at bay:
- Wash your bedding in very hot water every week or at a minimum every other week. Use allergy-proof covers on your mattress and pillows. Consider purchasing allergy-resistant bedding comforters which can be found online and in specialty stores.
- Bleach moldy showers and sinks using a 5% bleach and detergent solution.
- Use a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter (high-efficiency particulate air filter) to clear out dust mites and allergens.
- Keep the pets out of the bedroom. Even if you have an “allergy-proof” non-shedding variety, many still have pet dander. Plus, they pick up allergens outside and bring them in on their paws and fur.
- Don’t store damp wood in the house. Instead dry your wood outside and bring in only what you need for immediate use.
- Use a dehumidifier. Humid temperatures are an ideal climate for dust mites. A dehumidifier helps control them.
Try the Botanic Choice Homeopathic Allergy Formula to help quell the symptoms.
Keep you immune system primed with daily antioxidants and immune-system-supporting supplements.
You have brought up a very good details , thankyou for the post.